Sunday 7 April 2013

Story change

So my story changed. It started off as Hunter being this introvert character that had a restraining order against the one person he wants in his life. He gets saved by man and from that moment onwards he starts to see timers above their heads. Anyways the back story was just to much and I couldn't tie it all together. I ditched Elisa as another main character but still used her as his gf and used her to lead the story further.
Once the script is written I really think it will come together. But for now I hope my synopsis had a nice flow.

When I writing it I had trouble figuring out the conflicts. I was watching a move called 'fighting' that stars the gorgeous Channing Tatum and I realised that a conflict doesn't actually have to be very big to be named a 'conflict'. 

May as well tell you what it's about:

Shawn (Channing Tatum) makes a living selling fake products on the streets of New York. After dealing with thieving losers, he's discovered by a guy called Harvey who find people that can fight in an underground fighting scene. He happens to be really good and starts winning fights which means $$$$$$. 
Anyways throughout the film the conflicts are his high-school rival who is now a professional MMA fighter. I think maybe twice before they fight each other in the end for 100k, they bump into each, kind of reminding the audience that the first time wasn't random and that his rival does have a part in the ending of this story. Even it being a small bump in a club and exchanging not-so-nice things to each other it still adds the story and of course the conflict. On another part, shawn threatened Harvey with teaming up with one of Harvey's rivals and kicks him out. but literally minutes after the incident Harvey looks past it and take him under his wing once again. So it was a small conflict between the characters but it helped strengthen their relationship.

So watching this film helped me realise that conflicts don't have to be major!

No comments:

Post a Comment